Many American Made Companies Are Now Under Foreign Control
When foreign countries own companies and businesses that many American’s purchase goods from, all of that money that would be going back into the U.S. economy is now going overseas. This leads to devastating consequences as we’re seeing now, with job losses and unsettling unemployment. It is also placing the United States in a position where we’re coming to rely on foreign governments for our needs. We’re seeing this already with China, a country with which we have an alarming trade deficit and about $1.2 trillion in debt.
In an era of “free trade” agreements, it should come as no surprise to discover that many well known U.S. companies and businesses are being purchased by foreign countries and contributing to our economic decline.
Here are some of America’s most famous brands currently held in foreign hands:
- Budweiser, now owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev N.V., which is based in Leuven, Belgium.
- Alka-Seltzer, now owned by German company Bayer Schering Pharma AG.
- Ben & Jerrys, now owned by British-Dutch Unilever.
- AMC theaters, now owned by the Chinese.
- 7-Eleven, now owned by the Japanese company, Seven & I Holdings.
- Woman’s Day Magazine, now owned by the French company, Hachette Filipacchi Médias, S.A.
- Purina, now owned by the Swiss company, Nestle.
- Gerber, now owned by the Swiss pharmaceutical giant, Novartis.
- Firestone, now owned by the Japanese Bridgestone Corporation.
- Citgo, now owned by the government of Venezuela
- French’s Mustard, now owned by Reckitt Benckiser, a British conglomerate.
- Frigidaire, now owned by Sweden’s AB Electrolux.
- The Plaza Hotel in New York City, now owned by Israeli billionaire Yitzhak Tshuva’s El-Ad Group.
- Trader Joes, now owned by German billionaires Karl and Theo Albrecht.
- Dial soap, now owned by Henkel KGaA, based in Dusseldorf, Germany.
- Sunglass Hut, now owned by Italian eyewear seller Luxottica Group.
There are many more U.S. businesses bought out by foreign entities, and the more we lose, the more risk there is to our economy and workers here at home.
China not only owns AMC theaters, but they hold massive control over us because of the amount of debt we owe them. China’s government and opportunistic corporations have also been systematically purchasing land, infrastructure, and natural resources for years. On top of that, the more our leaders continue trade agreements between us and China — and the more they allow the U.S. to borrow from China — the more our freedoms and sovereignty are signed away.
Our “free trade” agreements are sending the U.S. down a dangerous path that will result in even more foreign countries buying U.S. businesses and companies, and will lead to us having to rely on even more countries for our day to day needs. This is not what our Founding Fathers intended.
Wake up America! It’s time that we stop allowing foreign nations to purchase our valuable assets!
Contact your congressional representative and tell them that our harmful trade agreements must end if America is to have a prosperous economic future. We cannot afford to continue to sell our valuable companies and businesses!