Obama’s Military Contempt And Outrageous Treatment Of Clint Lorance.

Clint Lorance

Army First Lieutenant Clint Lorance, a 28-year-old combat leader in the 82d Airborne Division from Celeste, Texas was recently found guilty of two counts of murder in Afghanistan and sentenced to 20 years in Ft. Leavenworth. The story of First Lieutenant Lorance has not been covered by a single major media source.

In July 2012, Lorance was ordered to take command of a platoon in the southern Afghanistan province of Kandahar, a region where I also spent two and a half years training and advising the Afghan National Army. The platoon Lorance now commanded had lost its previous leader to enemy attack.

During a patrol in enemy territory, Lorance ordered a marksman to engage two unarmed Taliban fighters on a motorcycle operating as scout spotters.

In Afghanistan and Iraq, a common enemy tactic is for unarmed fighters on motorcycles with cell phones to track unit movements. In fact, enemy combatants had previously used the tactics against this same platoon.

Lorance, who was operating in a combat zone, saw the scout spotters and assessed them as a threat to his platoon. Aerial surveillance later backed up Lorance’s on-the-ground assessment.

It seems obvious that enemy scouts reporting a unit position and movements in order to facilitate an ambush would define “hostile intent.” But not according to the watered-down Rules of Engagement with which our warriors must contend.

In little more than a year, First Lieutenant Lorance was tried and sentenced to prison. Swift justice to be sure, but why then did it take four years to try and convict Nidal Malik Hasan, who fatally shot 13 and wounded more than 30 during his 2009 rampage at Ft Hood Texas?

The irony of the dilemma currently facing our troops, those who have volunteered to protect and defend our freedoms, is appalling. Shall they fight and kill the enemy but then risk imprisonment because of insidious rules by lawyers?

Or shall they be killed and denied their rightful benefits for their families, because of insidious declarations by lawyers and politicians?

We are sending the wrong message to our enemies, and we are clearly sending the wrong message to those who would sacrifice their lives for our nation.

14 Responses to Obama’s Military Contempt And Outrageous Treatment Of Clint Lorance.

1. pacman925 says:

& I am furious of this case also, this young man is loyal & more of an American than our president, commander in chief…We need an appeal, & trust me, we are doing everything possible to remove the evil obama & his regime. God Bless You Clint Lorance !!

• TJ Warner says:

I am suprised that only on person had balls enough to comment on this. The whole thing is disgusting. Maybe the piece of shit president should go Over and stand point for a six month tour. I hate you Obama!!!!! And I know millions of others do as well. I don’t know how you ever got elected!!! But I wish you would step down from office and stop destroying this country.

• cuchieddie says:

O’Cornhole is a traitor. I support the immediate use of military firing squads following a conviction for Treason. Let the trials begin.

2. Patti gardner says:

I really think the time is coming where we have had enough.

3. Georgia A Gore says:

I agree Patti and TJ. He got elected because of voters fraud which was very obvious during the entire election. He is a False Antichrist and his cabinet a bunch of renegade demon spawns as well as R Reps.
    They all need tried for treason including the ones who left office.

4. Clay Esslinger SR says:

Ya I think it’s all BS!! Our troop’s can’t even defend them self’s for fear from our government. The way I see it is if someone want’s to do you harm be they’er armed or not you have the right to defend yourself. Rules of engagement are a bunch of CRAP!! They do nothing but kill our people that are trying to defend our way of live and to stop those who think our way of life is wrong so the hell with the rules of engagement!!! SAVE YOURSELF OUT THERE!!! BE safe out there AND COME HOME IN ONE PIECE.

• cuchieddie says:

Better yet don’t even join the military, it isn’t worth putting your life on the line when you’re not defending your country from attack or even the threat of attack. And besides, who’s wants to take a shower with a hermaphrodite or bull dyke ( the new military) which is what the CINC (coward in charge)envisions for the new military.

5. Jack says:

It is a compltete injustice to jail a man for doing his job. Time to bring them all home and with them we can take our country back from the muslim commie bastard in dc. Him and his gang of traitors in congress need to be tried for treason and sent to levinworth or shot.

6. SSgt. Michael R. Ward, U.S.A.F., Ret. says:

Jack I totally agree. When the last election was done I don’t know of ANY super computer that could count every vote in Ca. in less than it took them to announce this poser as President. Him and his admin. have made a mockery of our Nation. He has sold us out and let our military take the blame for everything while taking everything from them and their families. I say we impeach, try them for treason and send them ALL to the hot zones and fight their own damn battles. BRING OUR MEN AND WOMEN HOME!!!

7. Rev. Francisco "Preacher" Figueroa Jr. says:

The idea is NOT for Americans to die for OUR country but, to make the other guy die for his! He saw a threat. He acted. HERO!

8. lucky says:

We need to have trials on this administration and the former.They have committed treason and drone murder, crimes against the constitution,illegal executive orders among other things.They should be convicted and either hung or sent to prison for the rest of their lifes.Or better yet, let these other coutries extradite them for trial.

9. This story just makes me so angry. I severed in Afghanistan (FOB Salerno, Rocket City). Rules used to be you see the enemy kill them, now we’re back to Vietnam all over again. Where our soldiers have to second guess their actions which will get them killed. Time to leave this country to the Afghan people and get ALL our people out!

Now what can we do to help this soldier with an appeal?

10. Deangelo says:

Do you have a spam issue on this site; I also am
    a blogger, and I was wanting to know your situation;
    many of us have created some nice practices and we are looking to trade techniques with others, please
    shoot me an e-mail if interested.

11. Doug says:

I hope the military support the American people To end tyranny . I don’t trusted Obama and The democrats.The democrat always hated the military. And a lot of republicans have to be removed.That’s way i hope all ex military gets involved with there state militia.And help train American citizen.