Texas Jury Refuses To Indict Homeowner For Killing Cop During A No-Knock Raid.

Henry Goedrich Magee

What would you do if you were soundly sleeping at home, with your pregnant girlfriend and your young children in the house, and then, just before 6 o’clock in the morning, your front door was violently forced open, and a bunch of shouting men waving guns burst in?

If you said “pick up your firearm and defend your family against a home invasion,” you aren’t alone.

In a clear victory against the police state, a grand jury in central Texas refused to press capital murder charges against a homeowner who shot and killed a police officer after a SWAT team unexpectedly burst into his home to execute a no-knock raid.

Henry Goedrich Magee believed he was the target of a home invasion (which, technically, he was). He responded like many of us would. Magee grabbed his gun (which he owns legally) and opened fire on the intruders. Burleson County Sgt. Adam Sowders, age 31, was killed.

The defendant’s attorney, Dick DeGuerin, said that Magee acted in defense of his family.

‘This was a terrible tragedy that a deputy sheriff was killed, but Hank Magee believed that he and his pregnant girlfriend were being robbed,’ DeGuerin said in an interview Thursday.

‘He did what a lot of people would have done,’ DeGuerin added. ‘He defended himself and his girlfriend and his home.’

His attorney acknowledged Magee had a small number of marijuana plants and seedlings.

The grand jury refused to indict Magee for capital murder charges, which carried the possibility of life in prison without parole or death by lethal injection. They cited a lack of evidence that Magee was aware that the invaders were actually police officers.

Magee was indicted on the lesser charge of possession of marijuana while in possession of a deadly weapon, which is a third-degree felony.

Just last week in Iowa, a similar tragedy was narrowly averted when a gang of thugs in uniform burst into a family’s home over possible credit card fraud. The person with a legal firearm realized at the last possible moment that the invaders were police officers.

During the incident in Iowa, honorably discharged veteran Justin Ross was in the bathroom when cops burst in (after disabling the security cameras so their actions could not be documented). Ross already had his weapon unholstered in order to defend his mother and there had been one kick to the bathroom door, when he heard them shout, “Police.”

At the time, we predicted that one of these days, no-knock raids on unsuspecting homeowners were not going to end well for police. It looks like in Texas, the right to defend your home and family is alive and well, even when the thugs you’re defending them against wear a uniform and a badge.

Written by Kimberly Paxton.

26 Responses to Texas Jury Refuses To Indict Homeowner For Killing Cop During A No-Knock Raid.

1. joe says:

the police in this country believe they are above the law, they have become a group of thugs with badges,they need to realize the AMERICAN PEOPLE WILL NOT BE BULLIED.

2. Steve says:

What would I do? The right thing fast and accurately. The 4th is as clear as the rest of our bill of rights.

3. john na says:

Homeowner kills Pig cop ..?? HA HA HA.. what should you say to a dead copswife? Say cops kill my people everyday, that’s life… STOP POLICE FROM THEIR ILLEGAL GANG ACTIVITY

4. jscusmc69 Col.ret USMC says:

I wrote the following in RESPONSE to the IOWA incident—but in this case THE PEOPLE WON–and IMHO ALL CHARGES should be dropped. SHAME that someone had to DIE but to the TRASH LEA/LEO it is EASIER to KICK a DOOR IN with OUT A WARRANT or ANNOUNCEMENT than to do the RIGHT THING! THIS type or CORRUPT COP/LEA/LEO and NO KNOCKS are going to get MORE of the TRASH KILLED but at the same time MANY REAL AMERICANS will die to.

IOWA—

Well lets see–I could say MANY things about these “CORRUPT OATH KEEPERS” as I have said before but it seems that ALL WE GET is MORE CORRUPT OATH KEEPERS. SO I will SPEAK DIRECTLY to these “TRASH OATH-KEEPERS EVERYWHERE” and trust me THEY are in EVERY STATE,CITY and SMALL TOWN U.S.A.

WE the PEOPLE do NOT NEED TRASH like you–YOUR JOB is TO ENFORCE the LAWS on the books only NOT TO KILL,HARASS or ATTEMPT to INTIMIDATE–YHOU HAVE NO BUSINESS entering ANYONE’S HOME at ANY HOUR unless YOU HAVE A VALID WARRANT–which in MOST CASES YOU DON’T as we see above. EXAMPLE is SEVERAL YEARS ago THE ATLANTA TRASH LEA/LEO ENTERED the hone of a 90+ year old WOMAN–SHE KILLED 3 with her .357 revolver BEFORE THEY shot her MORE than a HUNDRED TIMES–100 TIMES..only tl later say OOP FVCKING S we made a mistake–and an INNOCENT SENIOR was dead.

I FOR ONE am —PUTTING ALL YOU LEA/LEO EVERYWHERE on NOTICE—–I ALWAYS CARRY a BIG FVCKING WEAPON–a 40CAL GLOCK with special AMMO–it EXPLODES on contact blowing a 3in Hole in YOU–result is YOUR DEAD –”ONE SHOT ONE KILL”- AND if I SEE a REAL AMERICAN who is being ASSAULTED BY YOU TRASH–TRUST ME I WILL DEFEND HIM/HER–result YOU and YOUR AZZHOLE FRIENDS will die–I may but NOT before I KILL AS MANY of YOU as I have rounds and I CARRY several OVER SIZED MAGS–

-MY HOME is also a DEATH TRAP for ALL OF YOU–unless YOU ATTEMPT to roll am MRAP–but that ALSO will be a DEATH TRAP FOR YOU—

NOW YOU need to ask this DO YOU TRASH really want to DECLARE WAR on a WELL ARMED WELL TRAINED and EXTREMELY DANGEROUS COMBAT MARINE–a FREE CITIZEN of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA—a MARINE who WILL DIE PROTECTING REAL AMERICANS —-FROM THE TRASH LIKE YOU—-

DOMESTIC ENEMIES are what YOU TRASH LEA/LEO are—

WANNA COME AND PLAY—Ya I thought so ALL YOU TRASH can do is PICK ON ,HARASS and KILL the UNTRAINED and UNARMED—

• Danko Darrenzano says:

SEMPER FI, My Brother-Marine. I don’t know you — BUT I LOVE YOU!!!

OOOH-RAHHH!!!

• Matheus Grunt says:

Thing is, they’re not allowed to enforce unconstitutional “laws” that ARE on the books BTW. Too many. That enforcement is the main reason that most of them are criminals to begin with.

5. Kevin (A Texan) says:

The judge that ordered the no-knock warrant should have been the one shot, not the cop ordered to execute the warrant. Such no-knock warrents are in violation of the 4th Amendment: “The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.”

The vast amount of cops are the Good Guys. The cop getting shot was probably a husband and a father ordered to serve a poorly considered warrent against a person who was breaking the law. Do not forget that the guy was growing dope in a house WITH CHILDREN – not exactly a hero in my book. Do not demonize the cop and call him a thug. If you idiots want to see thugs, take the cops off the street and I promise you’ll see many. This event was a tragedy.

That said, I completely agree with the jury’s decision. No-knock unidentified searches are not reasonable as per the 4th. Any citizen has the right to defend their own security as per the 4th with firearms as per the 2nd. A proper warrant would have prevented this druggie from having any right to shoot the cop who was just doing his job. It’s the judge who should have caught the bullet, not the cop.

• Danko Darrenzano says:

You sure make a lot of Suppositions, there, Kevin.

• Danko Darrenzano says:

“Growing Dope” — how old are you — like 90???

And keeping easily-accessible booze in your house with kids around is any different? …NO — it’s actually worse.

You’re nothing more than a thinly-veiled Cop-Apologist, Kevin.

• Alton Moore says:

What I heard was that the cop killed was the one who requested the warrant from the judge, and that he put false information on his affidavit in support of the warrant. Haven’t seen the paperwork myself; just sayin’.

• Greg Olsen says:

I heard the same thing. The judge was sweet talked into signing the warrant. Technically, per the 4th Amendment, no knock warrants are illegal but when has that ever stopped lawless governments?

• Jay says:

Kevin, I no longer believe that the “vast amount of cops are the Good Guys”. I used to, but I now firmly believe that the vast amount of cops are criminal thugs and only a VERY few are the “good guys”. Seeing as how there is no way of distinguishing the very few good ones from the vast amount of bad ones, we MUST assume they are ALL BAD.

• patrick says:

Well I agree on most of what you said but marijuana should be legal. Federal and state

6. William Hayes says:

I don’t like stories designed to get my email address so the Blog can sell my email to SPAM senders. This story does just that. Not even a “good” story.

• Militia News says:

Hello Mr. William Hayes:

We at Militia News do not seek or design stories to get anyone’s email address, and we do not sell them. In addition, we want to inform you we do not use any form of computer program to obtain additional information about you. To help prove the point, we have left your false message claiming so when we could of simply deleted it.

• Danko Darrenzano says:

^Then use a fake email address like most everybody else, does.

7. Brenda Brewer says:

THEY TAKE AN OATH TO SERVE AND PROTECT NOW DAYS ITS TO PROFILE AND HARM ANYONE THAT DARES TO CHALLENGE THEIR AUTHORITY IF THEY KICKED MY DOOR OPEN LIKE THAT YOU DAMN WELL BELIEVE ID UNLOAD MY 380 ON THEM TO PROTECT MY FAMILY MY HOME AND MYSELF FROM HOME INVASION

8. Gray Fox 114 says:

As a former cop, I have been appalled at the increases in the number of no knocks and the number of citizens that are being beaten and killed by “thugs in uniform.” They are out of control, and it would seem, immune to prosecution. It is surprising only in that it has taken so long for citizens to reach the breaking point and start defending their “castles.” I posed this question to any number of LEO’s and got the same answer every time: What would you do if you were awakened at o dark thirty by someone trying to kick your door in, entering your house with a gun and not identifying themselves? Answer: There’s gonna be some dead people. OK, so what’s the diff if cops do it to citizens and get dead? Answer: Well, the cops have the right….Yes! But there are still rules and laws, and stupidity will keep right on killing! A badge is not a force field, nor does it remove the need for common sense! Germany and Russia are prime examples of what happens when people allow out of control thugs to enforce something wrong on the people! Gulags and death camps! I am very pro law enforcement, but I am dead set against overbearing and out of control thuggery! Unless LEO’s change their tactics and methods, me thinks there will be more of these “justified” killings of cops!

• Dude says:

Please stop with the use of incorrect terminology. I commonly hear police and other citizens improperly speak. It makes things worse because its a form of subversive brainwashing. Cops are citizens. Cops absolutely are not a special class of citizen. You are military or militia. Period. Both are citizens.

So when you say things like ‘cops do things to citizens’, you hint at the belief cops are above citizens or are otherwise socially privileged. That is simply not true. The US Constitution has no such allowance. All police are citizens. Any police who believe they are separate, distinct, and/or above the citizenry are agents of tyranny and enemies of the people of the United States. Any police who believe they live in an US vs them world, really do live in the imaginary world of their own making. Making themselves an event of the state, and by extension, as enemy of the people; the militia.

• Matheus Grunt says:

I don’t care (as many others don’t either) if fools like this identify themselves or not. There ain’t no reason for any govt agents to be in my house unless I let them. If folks come busting in at night while I’m asleep with my family, I’m going to wake up and kill some dumb idiots so that my life and my family is safe. Most “LEO’s” are criminals for enforcing unlawful statutes anyway, so they lose the PRIVILEGE of being a LEO after that. Everything else they do that is illegal and immoral after that just adds to it, even if they do this for years & keep their jobs and the majority of Americans don’t realize this.

9. TyrantsCallMeTerrorist says:

These new generation cops are adrenalin junkies and could care less about their oath or your rights. It’s a sad day when American’s have to carry arms to protect them from law enforcement thugs!

10. patrick says:

For a wide libertarian state like Texas and they can’t legalize marijuana. Doesn’t sound like a free state many for carrying guns but not for stoners.

11. patrick says:

Power junkies is more like it my parents were correctional officers so I was basically institutionalized before I got out of high school.

• patrick says:

But why is it the militia forgets it wasn’t just formed to protect the people but the government when called on .the government isn’t in charge its the corporations.Big banks ect . Cut the head off the snake and regain our country.washington are puppets.

12. Willl says:

I blame the cops, They know it wrong to use the no knock entry . If they do it & get shot, I feel nothing for them. Cop shop need the oath keepers to stop by & explain things to them.

13. Cop from NY says:

Wow…..ignorance is widespread. A no knock warrant is and always has been a tool used in the most dangerous circumstances. They are issued ONLY if certain criteria is met. One of them being if a known weapon is on premises. A no knock warrant means you still have to announce, but you don’t have to wait for the people inside to open up. Any death is tragic, especially when they are deaths that are unnecessary and when that person has no ill will. Unfortunately, today our President has divided a country making it government against the people it should be serving. This nonsense about all cops are bad is just nonsense and usually comes from those on the wrong side of the law. There have been instances of soldiers raping and killing in Iraq and Afghanistan, but we don’t condemn all soldiers….we punish those guilty and respect those who serve honorably. It should be the same with police…..punish the guilty and respect those who serve with honor and respect. You people that talk about something you have no idea about play into the hands of Obama and his criminal empire.